Whitman Partners and CCI Announce New CSSM Opportunities for 2018
Beginning in 2017 Whitman Partners and Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI) have partnered to make the
CSSM credentialing process more accessible and affordable for Whitman Partners associates. This partnership continues in 2018 with even more opportunity for Directors of Surgical Services to obtain this valuable credential.
For a limited time only, Whitman Partners and CCI are excited to offer the CSSM On-demand Prep Course and CSSM exam seat for only $99. The new on-demand CSSM prep course allows you to prepare for the exam on your timetable and at your own pace. The prep course covers the seven subject areas covered on the CSSM exam, and participants who complete the course successfully will be eligible for 12 hrs of continuing education credit*. Candidates who meet exam eligibility requirements can take advantage of this special promotional offer.
Are you eligible to take the CSSM exam? Consider the items below:
- Hold a current, unrestricted RN license
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Arts or Science
- Be currently employed and have a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a surgical services management role (do not have to have manager in your title) depending on CNOR certification status
- Have completed 30-50 contact hours of management specific content or 6-12 hours of academic coursework
within the last two years. Amount dependent on CNOR certification status.
Upon passing the exam, you will be awarded the CSSM credential for a three-year period. A tremendous value for under a hundred dollars!
Redeeming this offer will give you an exam testing window of March 8th–April 18th. In order to take advantage of this promotion you must take the exam within that timeframe.
The Benefits of Earning Your CSSM Credential
Managing any part of the OR is a difficult job, and earning the CSSM credential will position you for personal and
professional success. One of the fundamental aspects of the CSSM certification process is centered around lifelong
learning, which allows you to continuously improve your skills and knowledge. Whether you currently have management responsibilities or aspire to in the future, the confidence you gain from earning your CSSM credential will help you to be an effective leader while keeping sight of why you became a nurse in the first place: the patients.
Your CSSM credential will allow you to:
- Establish a standard of excellence for working in the surgical services department
- Validate your perioperative managerial competency at a minimum two-year work experience level
- Position yourself for future opportunities in perioperative administration and leadership
- Determine knowledge level on subjects related to your profession and address opportunities for improvement
Act now to take advantage of this limited time offer! Indicate your interest at http://info.cc-institute.org/whitman-partners
* This program has been approved for 12 contact hours by CCI, 2170 S. Parker Road Suite 120, Denver, CO, 80231. Provider approved by the California Board of Nursing, Provider #CEP 15613. Activities approved by CCI are recognized as continuing education for registered nurses. This certificate must be retained by the licensee for a period of 4 years after completion of the program.